World's #1 Blog Platform designed for book bloggers, reviewers, writers - all Book Lovers. Your Reading Life. Redesigned.
Reading is a personal thing but some reading habits are common for all book lovers. We're happy to present some findings based on the recent reading habit tag Q&A.
BookLikes bloggers love reading on a comfy couch under a soft blanket but this pattern doesn't stop them from reading any place. A cup of tea or coffee is a perfect companion for a bookish night. Some books, though, require a big glass of red wine or a chocolate bar, a big spoon of ice cream or simply any kind of a sweet treat.
BookLikes bloggers tend to be polygamist readers who like to shift between formats and genres. Similar freedom takes place when replacing a missing bookmark with anything nearby, like ribbons, receipts, tickets, boarding passes and random pieces of paper.
Many readers choose music to enhance the book atmosphere but a large group of book lovers cannot stand any kind of distraction, including their own voice. The silent reading isn't required when reading to kids or immersing into vivid poetry pieces.
Book bloggers agree that books are important personal objects and need special attention. Spine barking is justified for paperbacks and library editions which already have this intense reading trace. Note taking is reserved for textbooks.
Skipping pages is hardly understandable, whereas peeking ahead is a sign of curiosity and book praise.
If you haven't participated in our tag fun game, we'll be more than happy to welcome you. Copy the following questions and share your reading habits on your blog. Please remember to add a reading habit tag to your post:
1. Do you have a certain place in your home for reading?
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop read after a chapter / certain number of pages?
4. Do you eat or drink while read?
5. Multitasking: music or TV while reading?
6. One book at a time or several at once?
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
10. Barking the spine or keeping it like new?
11. Do you write in your books?
If you're curious how your fellow bloggers answered, here's a list of BookLikes bloggers reading habits posts.
Some of the posts did not include a tag so if you notice that we did not include your post, please let us know and we'll update the list :)