World's #1 Blog Platform designed for book bloggers, reviewers, writers - all Book Lovers. Your Reading Life. Redesigned.
BookLikes is not only a blog platform but also your virtual bookshelf! Here are 3 tips on how to add a book to your Shelf on BookLikes.
1. Click the book covers
All book cover in the service are clickable. Thais means that once you click on the cover you'll see either a book pop up or you'll be moved to a book page. Both views have +Shelf and +Post options.
The shelving on BookLikes is split into two parts: the quick shelving (via +Shelf button under each book cover) and the advanced shelving (via +Shelf advanced pop up)
If you wish to add a book to your bookshelf, just click the cover and +Shelf it!
Where you can find the book covers to click?
- on your Dashboard (this is your book news feed where you see reviews and bookshelf updates from blog you follow on BookLikes)
- on the Book Catalog page (this is a page where you can check what BL community is reading, searching and shelving
- on the Reading List page (this is a page where you can view the reading lists created by BookLikers)
2. Visit Blogs and repeat 1) click the book covers
Make sure to visit fellow bloggers on BookLikes! The blogs are full of reviews and recommended reading so it's really easy to find new books to shelve! As we mentioned above ALL book covers are clickable. This includes the book cover on the blogs and on the shelves. So when you read BookLikes blogs make sure to click the cover and you'll be moved to a book page where you can use +Shelf to add the title to your shelf.
Click +Shelf to view the reading status options
Where to find blogs?
- on the Explore page (this is a page where you can check the most recent reviews published by BookLikes community, click the avatar or the review title to be moved to a blog)
- in the Discussion groups (this is a page where you can join the discussions or create yours, click the blog name or the avatar to be moved to a blog)
3. Use the search box and repeat 1) click the cover
Type in the title and author in the search box, click the book and +Shelf
If the book is not available, please use the ISBN number. If this won't help, consider adding the book manually - click the Add a new book and fill up the new book form.
You can also use the Shelve it feature which allows you shelve the books directly from Amazon book pages -- read more about the Shelve it feature HERE.
You may also find these posts helpful: