World's #1 Blog Platform designed for book bloggers, reviewers, writers - all Book Lovers. Your Reading Life. Redesigned.

Interview with author M.K. Scott + "Requiem for A Rescue Dog Queen" Giveaway

M.K. Scott, the authors of Requiem for A Rescue Dog Queen published last November, agreed to grant BookLikes a short interview. You can also enter our giveaway and win five copies of this latest title! Their newest book, the eighth installment in The Painted Lady Inn Mysteries series, will be released in late March.

Mystery Giveaway

Mar. 06 - Mar. 20, 2018

Request your copy->

Tell us about yourself.

K. Scott is the team name for Morgan K Wyatt and Scott Stamm, a husband and wife author team. Scott is a software engineer while Morgan is a semi-retired special education teacher.

What was your first book?

The first M. K. Scott was Murder Mansion.

Describe your first break.

First literary break was an open submission call for a cougar romance.

What is your favorite genre to read? To write?

I read several genres including non-fiction. Scott prefers sci-fi. As Morgan, I write romance, suspense, YA and non-fiction. Together, we write cozy mysteries.

What makes a protagonist interesting?

Being normal with interesting quirks as opposed to being a perfect character works for me.

What is the best thing about being a writer?

Writing. :) Then, research.

What is the worst thing?

Editing :(

Pantser or plotter?

I have the general concept before I start writing, but seldom outline.

What do you see the direction of your future writing taking? What can we expect next? Give us a little taste.

Under the M.K. Scott name, we’re releasing The Skeleton Wore Diamonds in March 2018. Bark Twice for Danger comes out in April 2018. The new series The Way Over the Hill Gang comes out in July.

Cat or dog person?

Dog. (Like cats, but husband is allergic to them.)

Favorite food?

Favorite book?

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith

Favorite movie?

Shirley Valentine

Favorite vacation destination (you just have to want to go there)

The beach.

Check out  M.K. Scott's books on BookLikes.

Click the cover and +Shelf to add it to your bookshelf.

Murder Mansion - M.K. ScottDrop Dead Handsome - M.K. ScottThe Painted Lady Inn Mysteries: Caribbean Catastrophe (Volume 6) - M.K. ScottChristmas Calamity - M.K. ScottWeddings Can Be Murder - M.K. ScottThe Painted Lady Inn Mysteries: Death Pledges a Sorority: A Cozy Mystery with Recipes - M.K. ScottRequiem for a Rescue Dog Queen (The Talking Dog Detective Agency) (Volume 2) - M.K. ScottA Bark in the Dark - M.K. ScottKiller Review - M.K. Scott