World's #1 Blog Platform designed for book bloggers, reviewers, writers - all Book Lovers. Your Reading Life. Redesigned.

Interview with Ju Ephraime author of A Love Relentless, a native American historical romance

Ju Ephraime is a very versatile author, who has written many books in many different genres. Her latest title, released recently (December 19, 2017), is a Native American historical romance, but she has also written paranormal and children’s books! How does she manage to write such diverse works? Read our BookLikes interview and get to know the author!

Ju has also been very generous to BookLikes readers and offered five codes to download her new book from Amazon, for free! Enter our giveaway contest to win!

E-book giveaway

Dec. 22 - Dec. 29, 2017

Win your copy of a steamy native American story

Request your e-book

Let's start with a few questions about writing itself, and your books: I've noticed that you’ve published quite a few books so far, in many different genres (romance, paranormal, children's ...). Also, you seem to write very fast! How often do you write and how long at one time? What does your writing schedule look like, if you have one?

I really don't have a schedule, but once I begin a book, I want to see it through, because the story only unfolds for me on paper when I am about half way through.

Do you work on several books at once, or do you write them one by one (given the pace, probably a few at the same time)?

Funny, you are not the first person who came to that conclusion. No. I must confess, the way my mind works, I could not work on more than one project at a time. Before I begin to write the entire plot is in my head. The only deviation from that is if I feel the need to incorporate a sub-plot. With such focus concentration, I can't go back and forth.

Why do you choose to write in several genres, as opposed to focusing on one genre, and perhaps then moving on to another?

I love writing just as much as I love reading. I read in all genres; hence I write what I like to read. I have yet to write a mystery, fantasy or science fiction. I believe I'll write a mystery one day, but not fantasy of SF, I don't read them.

Do you have writing goals - as in a certain number of books to publish per year, or in total?

No. Not really. Oftentimes, I set a goal, but I'd find myself writing something I didn't plan on. Those turned out to be some of my best work.

Request the e-book

Who designs your book covers? Do you personally design them, or only oversee the process?

I come up with the idea of what I want and work on it with my illustrator. My cover is a strong representation of my story, so I'm all over it.

Are you very involved in choosing the covers, and, if so, how involved?

100 percent.

How to you come to decisions re: the covers? Some of your covers are drawings, some are photographic - how do you make the choice? Do you look at many different designs before you make the final choice?

No. I know what I want from my title. If you will recall, I have my book in my head before I sit down to write.

Let's move away from your books and talk about literature and reading in general. Who are your favorite writers, who do you admire, look up to?

I've been reading long before I began to write, so most of my favorite authors are older or dead. But I love Lisa Kleypas, Christine Feehan, (before she changed) Stephanie Lauren, (before she also changed), Elizabeth Lowell, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Karen Morning, to name a few.

What tips and tricks have you gotten from reading your favorite books and writers, have they taught you anything in particular? If you could ask your favorite authors for advice, what would it be?

The industry is in a constant state of flux, so whatever I learned then, are no longer relevant now. As a case, I love reading POV in the third person, past tense, now that is seen as old school. I try to adapt, but it's hard.

Do you read a lot and have you always been a reader?

Yes. I most certainly read a lot. I've been reading as far back as I can remember, and that's a long time ago.

To sum up this interview with a bit of magic, let’s move away from the real world for a minute. If you could choose one character from a favorite book to have dinner with, or spend a day with, who would that be? What would you ask that person?

It would have to be Wolfe LaCasse from my first romance novel, State of Ecstasy. I'd ask him to stay a while with me. :)

Follow Ju Ephraime blog on BookLikes:

Ju Ephraime's books on BookLikes (click the covers to add the books to your shelf):

A Love Relentless - Ju EphraimeRhapsody in Paris - Ju EphraimeState of Ecstasy - Ju Ephraime

White Magic Woman - Ju EphraimeThe Odor of Violet - Ju EphraimeBlack Magic Man - Ju Ephraime

and more